The Base Thrift Shop, sponsored by the Little Rock Spouses’ Club, is a great place to shop, consign, and donate items, all for a great cause. Every penny of profit made by the Thrift Shop is given back to the local community in the form of welfare and scholarships/grants funding programs. The Thrift Shop is located in the old BX building (940). It is staffed by volunteers. We accept donations!
Our shoppers find that the Thrift Shop offers good values and an opportunity to get low cost bargains on high quality merchandise. Our consignors are able to sell their quality items and earn 75% of the selling price. We also gladly accept donations, and are always looking for new volunteers to join us.
We accept donations!
Below you will find more information on what the Thrift Store has to offer.
Located in the Old BX, Building 940
Hours of Operation:
Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday
9a.m. to 2p.m.
Consignments are accepted from 10a.m. to 12:30p.m. Also open the first Saturday of each month from 9a.m. to 2p.m.
The month of July
NOTICE: The Thrift Shop building is currently under renovation. We will remain open unless directed to close by the base/contractors. During this time the entrance to the Thrift Shop will move to the double doors on the right side of the building. Consignments will still be taken in the same area but will now enter through the single side door.
PLEASE NOTE: Customers and consignors are responsible for transporting their purchased or consigned large furniture items. Thrift Shop volunteers are unable to provide this service.
Shopping at the Base Thrift Shop
The Thrift Shop offers a great variety of merchandise for your home and family. New items come in daily, and we run frequent half-price sales on our donated items. Some items you may find include:
|Housewares||Jewelry||Audio / Videos & DVDs|
|Linens||Toys & games||Kitchen|
|Wall hangings||Crafts & Sewing||Electrical|
|Figurines||Sporting goods||Baby items|
|Health & Beauty||Fitness||Lamps|
Thrift Shop Sales Rules:
1. All sales are final — the Thrift Shop does not give refunds or accept returns.
2. Items cannot be placed on hold or layaway. It is a strictly cash and carry enterprise.
3. Items are not for sale until properly tagged and placed on the sales floor area.
4. Thrift Shop volunteers cannot mark-down or negotiate prices.
Consign Your Items
The Thrift Shop is a great place to sell your unwanted, high quality items. Consignments are accepted Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday from 10a.m. to 12:30pm only. If you would like to become a consignor, please stop by the Thrift Shop to fill out a consignment contract and to receive instructions on preparing your items and worksheet before you bring them in.
1. You set your own prices ($1.00 minimum).
2. You receive 75% of the purchase price.
3. 25% of the purchase prices goes to educational grants and charities.
4. $0.25 consignment fee for each consignment to cover expenses of tags, etc.
5. $0.45 check processing fee.
6. $0.25 fee to reissue Thrift Shop cards.
Consignors are paid monthly. Checks are available for pick-up in the store and are ready by the end of the first week of the month. Checks must be cashed within 60 days. If payment is $5.00 or less you will be paid in cash. In the event you are PCSing, we will mail your check.
1. Must have a valid military ID (active duty, spouse, retirees, or dependent).
2. Must have card issued by Thrift Shop to conduct Thrift Shop business.
3. May consign 16 items per consignment, unless limited.
4. One consignment per day.
5. Merchandise must be in useable condition. The better items look, the faster they will sell!
6. Limit 10 items of cleaned/ironed clothes on hangers ( we provide hangers).
7. No more than 5 of one type of item ( Ex., only five videos, or five shirts per consignment)
8. Limit 1 pair of like new shoes (per gender) and 1 purse.
9. Limit 3 combinations of hardback books, paperbacks or magazines.
10. Toys and games must be complete.
11. Appliances must be clean and in working order.
12. Large items, such as furniture, require a phone call to be placed on the waiting list. Large items must be removed from the Thrift Shop if they don’t sell, unless extended by the manager.
13. Items must be in season (see schedule below).
14. No firearms, knives, aerosols, mattresses, adult swimwear, undergarments, wigs or any other items that do not meet safety and/or sanitary standards. No food, medicinal or ingestible items.
15. The Thrift Shop manager reserve the right to limit or reject any item accepted for consignment.
16. Only one account per household.
What Happens to Items That Don’t Sell?
You have 60 days to sell your items before the consignment expires and you have three options:
1. Reduce the price of the items before the expiration date. There is no cost.
2. Withdraw items before the expiration date for a small fee based on the original asking price:
|$1.00 – $10.00||= $0.25||$50.01 – $100.00||= $2.00|
|$10.01 – $25.00||= $0.50||$101.00 – $200.00||= $3.00|
|$25.00 – $50.00||= $1.00||$201.00 and up||= $5.00|
3. Do nothing. Items become Thrift Shop property and are sold to benefit charity.
Risks – What Are They?
The Thrift Shop cannot be responsible for items that are lost, stolen, or damaged. Thrift Shop volunteers are as careful as they would be with their own items; however, accidents happen and since we have no security or sales floor personnel, we do incur minimal loss due to theft.
The Thrift Shop cannot be responsible for your children. You are accountable for any items that are broken or damaged by your children.
|April 15th – August 31st|
|(Shorts, tank tops, etc.)|
|September 1st – October 31st|
|(1 sweater, 1 light weight jacket per contract)|
|November 1st – February 28th|
|(1 coat per contract)|
|March 1st – April 15th|
|(1 raincoat, 1 pair of sandals per contract, no shorts or tank tops)|
The Thrift Shop is a great place to volunteer your time. Anyone with a valid military ID card can volunteer and we welcome your participation in providing what we feel is a valuable service to our community. If you are interested in becoming a volunteer please contact us at 988-1191.
Benefits of Volunteering:
1. Make new friends.
2. Shopping privileges.
3. Computer / retail experience.
4. Satisfaction of community service.
The Thrift Shop accepts donation during our normal business hours. Please contact us at 988-1191 for more information.