Looking to make a difference in your community? Want to help local schools and military students and families?
The LRSC is hiring for a manager (click here for description) and assistant manager (click here for description) of the LRSC Thrift Shop.
For more information or questions, contact us.
Ready to apply? Fill out an application and mail it to:
Attn: TS Advisory Council
P.O. Box 1264
Jacksonville, AR 72078
IMPORTANT — CONSIGNORS!!!
The Consignment Area has been moved to the back of the main Thrift Shop sales floor. Consignments should now be brought through the main sales floor entrance. If you need a shopping cart to transport your items from your vehicle to the new consignment area, please see any Thrift Shop staff member. Consignments will still be accepted between 10am and 12:30pm.
Join us to showcase your business or to do some holiday shopping!
The Thrift Shop is need of volunteers in the following specific areas:
- Checkout/Register: Volunteers will help ring up customer purchases and bag items. Help needed Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays and the 1st & 2nd Saturday each month.
- Consignment Processing: Volunteers will help process and tag incoming customer conmsignments. Help needed Wednesdays and Thursdays.
- Typist: Volunteer will enter customer consignment items into the computer and print tags and inventory sheets. Help needed every Wednesday and the 1st and 2nd Saturday each month.
- Donation Processing: Volunteers will help sort, box and tag merchandise. Help needed Tuesdays and Thursdays.
- Recycling: Volunteers will haul recyclable items to include appliances and scrap materials to the base recycle center. May require some heavy lifting and a vehicle able to accomodate bulky items. Help needed the 1st and 3rd Thursday each month.
Training is provided and volunteers earn the following privileges:
- 85% consignment take based on hours worked
- No consignment or withdrawal fees
- Opportunity to purchase items before they are placed on the sales floor
- Childcare reimbursement for certain positions (see manager for details)
To volunteer or if you have any questions, please call (501)988-1191 to speak to one of the managers.